Erasmus Staff Mobility - Teaching Assignments
Erasmus staff mobility - Teaching Assignments enables Teachers of a National Higher Education Institution (HEI) to teach in a foreign HEI and also the staff of a foreign company, at the invitation of a National HEI, to teach in a National HEI.
- To encourage higher education institutions to broaden and enrich the range and content of courses they offer.
- To promote exchange of expertise and experience on pedagogical methods.
- To create links between higher education institutions and with enterprises.
The home and host higher education institutions must hold an Erasmus University Charter.
The home or the host country should be an European Union Member State.
Who can take part
Teaching staff of higher education institutions.
Teaching staff or non teaching staff of enterprises (non-teaching staff should be empowered to teach the subject agreed by the home and host institution) - not available at the University of Lisbon in the academic year 2010/2011.
Duration of the mobility period
Minimum: one day (the minimum requirement for a teaching assignment is five hours of teaching)
Maximum: six weeks
It is recommended the implementation of mobility with a minimum of five days to make a significant contribution to the mission program of education and international life of the host institution.
- Teaching staff employed by a higher education institution must be from an institution from a higher education institution holding an Erasmus University Charter.
- The teaching assignment must be carried out in a higher education institution holding an Erasmus University Charter.
- Teaching assignment mobility is based on "inter-institutional agreements" between the home and the host higher education institutions or between the higher education institution and the entreprise.
- The teaching assignment must be previously agreeded between both institutions.
- At least the sending or the receiving country must be an European Union Member State.